Work from home or work for home; both can be stressful, especially during the testing times of the COVID-19 crisis. But don’t fret; the countless benefits of grabbing a hot or cold Tisane brew will help you unwind as you sip these magic potions!
Let’s take a look at some fun facts, types of teas packed with multiple essential nutrients, proteins, vitamins and antioxidants, and more importantly, where to find the most organic ones.
Simmering Facts About Tea
- Legends claim that Chinese king Shen Nung discovered tea in 2737 BC when some leaves from the tree he was sitting under blew into the boiling water he was drinking.
- Teas can lower the risk of heart diseases, bad cholesterol levels, stimulate brain function, regulate the digestive system, prevent various chronic disorders, and make skin glow.
- On average, more than 43 million pounds of tea is consumed in the USA every single day.
- Herbal teas are the second-highest most consumed beverage (water being the first), and is considered a healthy alternative to sugary beverages.
- Given their healing properties, herbal teas have been used as remedies for various illnesses for centuries. They contain vital condiments that reduce pain, flu, and common cold symptoms without any adverse side effects.
- Herbal teas are usually not derived from the Camellia sinensis plant like Green tea, Oolong tea, and black tea. They’re made from dried flowers, roots, fruits, spices, leaves, herbs, and bark of a tree.
Types of Herbal teas
This tea, made from "crown prince beans," i.e., black soybeans, has been used in Chinese and Japanese cultures due to its versatile benefits. The brew, known for its nutty but sweet taste, can be enjoyed hot or cold.
It has antioxidants that reduce pigmentation, regulate blood pressure, stabilize cholesterol and glucose levels in the body, and prevent cardiovascular diseases. The tea is especially popular as an effective weight loss agent as it removes toxins from the body and helps regulate hormones.
First discovered over 10,000 years ago in Eurasia, Barley is known for its countless medicinal benefits. It has a mild, chewy, and nutty texture and helps ease UTI's, cold and flu symptoms, and helps you sleep better. As a blood cleansing agent, it reduces inflammation, boosts the immune system, and helps prevent cancer, cardiovascular and various neurodegenerative diseases.
Made by infusing roasted rice kernels into regular green tea, this soothing tea has a nutty astringent flavor. It effectively improves metabolism, regulates hormones such as thyroid and other toxins, and improves dental health.
Whether you want to try different teas to see what works best for you or want to reap the most benefits by incorporating all in your life, you can buy a value pack with all three tea blends from SFMart. We’re a trusted online grocery store that delivers all your favorite Japanese teas, Korean food, including Korean ramen., noodles, and Korean snacks, right at your doorstep within three days. All orders above $50 are delivered without any delivery fee!