USA Rice facts
U.S. Rice facts from USARice.com
- Nutrient Rice : Rice provides more than 15 essential vitamins and minerals including, folic acid, B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, selenium, fiber, iron, and zinc.
- Gluten-Free : Rice is gluten-free, highly digestible, and the least allergenic of all grains, making it an important grain option for those with celiac disease, gluten intolerance, or other food sensitivities.
- Energy Boost : Rice is a nutrient-dense, complex carbohydrate that the body slowly digests to help you stay energized throughout the day.
- Heart Health : Whole grains, such as brown rice, help reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers. Rice eaters have a lower risk of high blood pressure.
- Free Food : U.S.-grown rice is gluten-free, sodium-free, cholesterol-free, and GMO-free.
- Make you happy : Research shows that eating carbohydrates, like rice, increases levels of the feel-good chemical serotonin, which helps boost mood and keeps appetite in check.